Alumni Club Board of Directors-Open Application
Want to get involved with the Alumni Club of Houston? We are now accepting applications for the Board of Directors. APPLY NOW!
The Alumni Club of Houston Volunteer Board is currently accepting applications for the following positions: Career Chair, Programming Co-Chair, Communications Chair and Board Member. The common purpose of University of Chicago alumni clubs and organizations is to provide opportunities to build and sustain the relationships of Houston alumni, parents, and friends with the University and with each other. The alumni club strives to serve as their advocate, articulating the role and direction of the University; encouraging lifetime learning and professional growth through forums and presentations; and elevating the stature of the University in the Houston community through local programming.
Candidates should be thoughtful, creative, engaged with the UChicago community, and strongly committed to strengthening ties among alumni in the Houston area and with the University. Alumni, parents, and friends of UChicago in Houston are considered members of the Club. Any member in Houston may nominate him- or herself, to serve on the Board. If you know of someone who would be a great leader, please encourage them to apply.
With the recent approval of our new bylaws, the term of office shall begin on July 1, 2015 and go through June 30, 2017. Candidates will be selected and notified in June. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
For all positions, applicants must be a member in good standing at the time of their selection, and at all times during their tenure. Each successful candidate shall serve no more than two consecutive terms in any office.
- coordinates upcoming events and keeps calendar of events
- manages and provides support to volunteers who are planning events
- ensures proper marketing and communication of the events by maintaining contact with the Alumni Association
- in conjunction with the Alumni Association and the Alumni Board of Governors, coordinates externship outreach, interview skills workshops, networking, and career-related events
- recruits volunteers to network with students and alumni in the Houston area
- Manage alumni club website content. Publish events, news, and newsletters via website for the alumni club of Houston.
The duties of the Board of Directors (“Board”) shall be to manage the operation and activities of the Club in accordance with the Mission Statement, the University of Chicago Alumni Volunteer Handbook, and the University of Chicago Alumni Association’s bylaws, including but not limited to:
- Holding a minimum of four Board meetings per year.
- Coordinating a minimum of six events per year.
- Electing Officers and Directors to fill vacancies during the Club year.
- Electing additional Directors during the year as may be deemed appropriate.
- Creating and eliminating Officer positions
- Attend at least 3 board meetings per year by phone or in person
- Lead or attend at least two alumni events per year
- Serves as a resource in identifying volunteers, regional contacts, potential board members, and other alumni volunteers based on current needs and priorities
- Supports fellow board members, as necessary, with strategic advisory support and management of the various committees
- Supports alumni opportunities such as volunteering, affinity groups, local events, and University-led signature evnets
- Attends events and is a committeed University ambassador
The application form may be found HERE. Applications are due by Sunday, May 31. If you have any questions, issues accessing the application, or require any additional information, please contact the Alumni Club's staff liaison, Theresa Ebenhoeh at email@example.com.